Welcome to the home of the South African Guild of Motoring Journalists (the Guild) on the web.
The SAGMJ was founded in 1962 to:
- Endeavour constantly to achieve the highest possible standards of motoring journalism.
- Enhance and protect the integrity of the profession;
- Encourage greater general awareness of the significance of motoring, road safety, motorsport, and the motor industry;
- Recognise with appropriate awards examples of excellence and noteworthy achievements in motoring, especially those which further the aims of the Guild;
- Seek improved efficiencies for working motoring journalists; and
- Establish links with fellow motoring journalists and like organisations around the world.
Latest Media Releases
BINDER IS MOTOR SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR
2016 FIM Moto 3 World Champion Brad Binder was announced as the Bridgestone SA / SAGMJ Motor Sportsman of the Year at a function in Johannesburg Wednesday evening 22 February.
Bridgestone SA and SAGMJ to honour top motor sportsmen
The South African Guild of Motoring Journalists has confirmed its nominees for the Bridgestone SA / SAGMJ Motor Sportsman of the Year, recognising drivers and riders in their own realms of the sport, and the Colin Watling Award, recognising the extraordinary contributions behind the scenes of South African Motorsport.